Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rossi is back.

Watching the Moto GP race at Laguna Seca was an amazing feeling for me. One of my heroes was doing what he does best, winning races. For a seven time world Champion scrapping for wins doesn't come easy I guess. But a mark of a true champion is his ability to scrap and win if thats what it takes to win. Last season must have been a humbling experience for Rossi. Used to leading from the front, playing catch up would have been a different experience.

Only a handful of champions make the cut in those stakes. Kimi in F1 being a prime example of the rest of them. He won his maiden title last year because Lewis and Alonso were fighting their own private battle and Lewis was a rookie. This year Kimi seems to have lost his hunger. Which makes me think he just wanted to win that one title so that he can say he was a world champion once. Just doesn't seem right in a sport which has people like Coulthard and Barrichello racing even in old age, risking their lives for the highs of racing on the absolute edge of reason and sanity week in and week out.

Which brings me back to Rossi. He still wants to win and prove it to the doubters that he still hass what it takes. Reaffirms my faith in my hero!

No comments: