Sunday, August 24, 2008

Boys will be boys

They keep saying boys will be boys. I used to wonder why they said that. It came home to me last week in a blaze of childish mails exchanged between two buddies of mine on our yahoo group.
One guy started it, the other responded and soon it snowballed into an immature game of one up-manship. The mails got so juvenile, I had trouble imagining the two of them to be 36 year old fathers. The mail exchange was a blast from the past in every sense of the term. Brought back memories of us in school uniforms, playing childish pranks on teachers and one another, unmindful of the severity of some of those pranks.
I thought we were past all that, until this happened and I had to step in and separate the two. Maybe I shouldn't have. I seem to have lost a friend in the bargain.

But then, boys will be boys....

No comments: