Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The dream run ends

It had to happen sometime, just didn't expect it to happen at the one tournament you didn't want it to. Dhoni and his boys are out of the T20 WC before the tournament even got started. There are many who'll say it was coming. I was among them, but like an eternally optimistic Indian fan, I thought my gut feel was just that and far away from what would happen. But gut feel does come true more often than not. Fatigue, cockiness, determined opposition teams and lack of technique all combined to show India the door. Like the last time this happened to an Indian team, I hope this time too, it starts another run of ruthless wins and success. I hope Dhoni doesn't chuck the job in a huff.
Everyone forgets, especially the media that MSD is still a novice at this job. he just had a brilliant run which has ended. That is not the end of the world though. The fans need to be a bit more patient and the team will bounce back under Dhoni. I am sure this will make Dhoni an even better captain than he is already.

No comments: