Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Deja vu!

Right when the team for the T20 World Cup was announced, I had this sneaky suspicion that it was going to end in shambles again for India. I just didn't think it would be this shambolic. After having watched India beat Afghanistan and SA in round one, I was a bit surprised but then normal service resumed in the Super 8's. Watching the batsmen jumping and ducking like scared children against the Aussie quick's, I was ashamed. That killed whatever remaining interest I had in watching the matches. I was spared the remaining grief thanks to that decision.
All this brings to mind a eerily similar performance at the last T20 World Cup in England. What were the coaching staff doing? What were the players doing in the meanwhile? Why do we still continue to carry passengers in the team? Who questions the selectors if anyone does? Questions, I am afraid, I won't get answers to anytime soon.
Another win in an inconsequential match somewhere and all this will be forgotten. Sadly.